Director of Collections
Blackmon Mooring / BMSCAT is an industry leader in emergency response and disaster recovery. Founded in 1948, we have the experience and resources to provide our clients the fastest and most reliable response to get their business back up and running after disaster strikes.
We are a high energy, fast paced and fun company! We are seeking only the best in attitude and focus to get results.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Director of Collections will define and direct the collections process for BMS CAT’s various branch offices around the country. This role will work closely with the Operations, Accounting, and Senior Leadership teams to increase recoveries and reduce bad debt losses for past due accounts. This position will drive continuous improvement in overall company DSO and A/R Aging, using proven techniques and analytics, while introducing new ever-advancing techniques and practices, including the use of technology and automation. In addition, the Director will provide management with analysis, performance reporting and recommendations to address key risks and opportunities. The Director will directly manage a team of corporate/regional collectors while partnering with local branch collectors and management.
- Develop optimized standardized operating procedures ("SOPs") for all company collections
- Establish, monitor and direct compliance with all collections SOPs
- Develop and report best-in-class AR analytics that provide actionable insights for improving DSO and reducing collections risks
- Recommend process improvements leveraging technology and automation
- Provide collections performance KPI reporting and analysis to management on a regular basis
- Develop and manage automated demand letter process for aging ARs
- Develop and manage end-to-end lien process for aging ARs
- Partner with legal team to escalate uncollectible ARs for potential legal actions
- Inform Senior Leadership of potentially high risk accounts
- Train Regional Collectors and field admin personnel on SOPs and new collections initiatives
- Partner with Invoicing and Cash Application teams to correct billing errors and to ensure accurate application of customer payments
- Collaborate with Regional Controllers to establish appropriate bad debt reserves for high risk accounts
- Partner with branch General Managers on tailored collection strategies by branch
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5-10 years of progressively advancing experience in collections
- Experience for a general contractor or in the restoration industry a plus
- Experience with the utilization of mechanic’s liens to facilitate collection of AR
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Knowledge of the Uniform Commercial Code
- Exhibits strong drive for action, accountability and results
- Exhibits strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Strong analytical and reporting skills, especially with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Sage Intacct a plus
As the Director of Collections you will receive a generous base salary plus bonus. Your compensation will vary by experience level. This can be discussed during the first interview. We provide fully paid employee medical insurance and life insurance, optional dental and optical insurance, accrued paid time off, a 401 (k) plan and more.
If this sounds like you, please APPLY TODAY!
BMS CAT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.