District Sales Manager
Founded in 1948, Blackmon Mooring / BMSCAT has a long-standing reputation as a leader in the restoration industry. From initial clean-up to complete rebuilds, Blackmon Mooring / BMSCAT is there every step of the way. We work on anything from multi-million dollar commercial projects to several thousand dollar residential losses and everything in between.
We are a team built on high energy, high performing individuals who work together to maintain Blackmon Mooring / BMSCAT as an industry leader.
As a District Sales Manager, you will be responsible for leading and managing a team of commercial and residential account managers within a designated district. Your primary objective will be to drive sales growth and expand market share by identifying, developing, and closing new business opportunities. You will play a crucial role in establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships while ensuring exceptional customer service. This position requires a strong understanding of the restoration industry, market dynamics, and effective sales strategies to motivate account managers to achieve targeted revenue.
1. Sales Leadership & Performance Management:
- Lead, mentor, and motivate a team of account managers to achieve individual and team sales targets within the assigned branches.
- Provide guidance, training, and support to account managers in developing effective sales techniques, strategies, and improved business and industry knowledge.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide constructive feedback to drive continuous improvement.
- Foster a positive and collaborative team culture, encouraging knowledge sharing and best practices.
2. Market Analysis:
- Conduct thorough market research to identify potential customers, organizations, and industry events to target business development opportunities.
- Monitor market trends, competitor activities, and customer needs within the industry.
- Identify and capitalize on emerging market opportunities to expand the company's presence.
- Analyze market data and provide insights to guide strategic decision-making.
3. Business Development:
- Proactively seek and develop new business opportunities by establishing relationships with key decision-makers and potential clients in the restoration industry.
- Attend industry conferences, trade shows, and networking events to expand the company's customer base.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create targeted campaigns and promotional materials.
- Track and manage leads, prospects, and sales pipelines to ensure timely follow-up and conversion.
4. Sales Strategy:
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies, plans, and initiatives to increase market penetration, revenue growth, and market share within the restoration industry.
- Set clear sales targets and objectives for the team, aligning them with overall business goals.
- Identify and recommend pricing strategies, service offerings, and sales incentives to drive customer acquisition and retention.
- Monitor sales performance against targets and adjust strategies as needed to maximize results.
5. Relationship Building:
- Establish and maintain strong customer relationships by providing exceptional customer service, addressing customer inquiries, and resolving any concerns or issues promptly.
- Cultivate long-term partnerships with key clients, organizations, insurance agents and adjustors to secure repeat business and referrals.
- Act as a trusted advisor to customers, understanding their unique needs and providing tailored solutions.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure seamless customer experiences throughout the sales process.
6. Sales Performance Monitoring:
- Monitor and analyze sales performance metrics, such as revenue, conversion rates, and market trends, to identify areas for improvement and implement necessary strategies to achieve sales goals.
- Prepare regular sales reports, forecasts, and presentations for senior management, highlighting key performance indicators and actionable insights.
- Conduct regular sales meetings to review progress, share best practices, and address challenges.
- Utilize CRM software and other sales tools to track and analyze sales activities, pipeline management, and customer interactions.
Experience and Skill Requirements
1. Proven experience in sales management, preferably within the restoration industry or a related field. Demonstrated ability in identifying, hiring, and retaining top talent along with on-going performance management to ensure a high-performing sales team.
2. Strong knowledge and understanding of the restoration industry, including customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape.
3. Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a sales team to achieve targets.
4. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships, with excellent communication and negotiation skills.
5. Results-oriented mindset with a track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
6. Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities to develop effective sales strategies and overcome obstacles.
7. Proficiency in using CRM software and other sales tools to track and analyze sales activities.
8. Bachelor's degree in business, sales, marketing, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
Physical Requirements and Travel
1. Work from assigned branch office 20% of time with 80% or more of time spent outside office at client locations, trade associations and events that support your district revenue goals.
2. Valid US drivers’ license and ability to qualify under BMS’s Driver Policy requirements.
3. Ability to travel away from home up to 60% of time for multiple consecutive nights using both personal and/or commercial transportation.
4. Occasional physical lifting up to 50 pounds for trade show materials, luggage, etc.
5. Ability to stand for multiple hours daily during trade shows and marketing events.
We provide fully paid medical insurance for our employees, optional dental and vision insurance, core paid holidays, accrued PTO, a 401 (k) plan and more. Your compensation will vary by experience level. This can be discussed during the first interview.
If this sounds like you, please APPLY TODAY!
BMS CAT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.