IT Technical Support Specialist
Founded in 1948, Blackmon Mooring / BMSCAT has a long standing reputation as a leader in the restoration industry. From initial clean-up to complete rebuilds, Blackmon Mooring / BMSCAT is there every step of the way. We work on anything from multi-million dollar commercial projects to several thousand dollar residential losses and everything in between. We are a team built on high energy, high performing individuals who work together to maintain Blackmon Mooring / BMSCAT as an industry leader.
We are currently seeking a IT Technical Support Specialist to join our team. Our Information Technology department provides 24/7/365 to support our branch locations and the corporate office. In this position, you will play a key role in maintaining the smooth operation by proactively and reactively addressing the IT needs.
As an IT Technical Support Specialist, you will be responsible for assisting employees with technical issues or questions relating to computer hardware or software devices. Your duties include taking phone calls from employees or communicating with them through messaging platforms, ticketing systems and helping employees diagnose technical issues over the phone, speaking with them about installing hardware or software on their computers and getting them back to normal working order.
- Resolve basic to complex system issues spanning multiple hardware and software environments in expedient manner
- Lead efforts to establish standards for IT configuration and usage
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications per defined procedures
- Assist in providing tier two-level help desk support
- Lead in projects related to hardware and software releases and roll-outs, including store migrations
- Adhere to defined help desk request- and problem-solving process
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems
- Perform work in a manner to minimize impact on branches and users resulting from maintenance or project-related activities
- Escalate problems (when required) and alert management to emerging trends in incidents
- Participate in 7x24x365 on-call support rotation process
- Independently travel to reach branch locations, including drives of 4 hours or more per day
Experience and Skill Requirements
- High School diploma plus three-to-five years’ related experience, Bachelor’s degree and related experience preferred.
- Certification preferred: MCA, MCA w/Enterprise, CompTIA A+
- Ability to read network documents and diagrams, user manuals, and attention to detail of the assigned scope of work.
- Proven knowledge of Windows operating systems, PCs, printers, networking hardware and protocols, and other hardware, such as hard drives, video cards, cabling, routers, and hubs.
- Experience using productivity software (MS Office 365, MS Teams, and BeyondTrust Privileged Remote Access)
- Preferred experience (ZenDesk, Okta, Airwatch, Fortinet, Salesforce, Sentinel One, VPN)
- High level of personal accountability with the proven ability to manage time workload effectively and work well in a team environment.
- Strong verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Good analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to lift and transport objects weighing less than fifty pounds, such as computers and peripherals
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard or mouse, and to handle other computer components; the position requires the use of hand tools and power tool such as a drill.
- Valid, current driver license and the ability to meet driver approval standards for being an insured driver.
We provide fully paid medical insurance for our employees, optional dental and vision insurance, core paid holidays, accrued PTO, a 401 (k) plan and more. Your compensation will vary by experience level. This can be discussed during the first interview.
If this sounds like you, please APPLY TODAY!
BMS CAT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.