Blackmon Mooring / BMSCAT is an industry leader in emergency response and disaster recovery. Founded in 1948, we have the experience and resources to provide our clients the fastest and most reliable response to get their business back up and running after disaster strikes.
We are a high energy, fast paced and fun company! We are seeking only the best in attitude and focus to get results.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for areas relating to financial reporting and general accounting activities for over 30 regional facilities. This position will assure compliance to generally accepted accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements and the entry of data for cash, payables, and receivables.
- Prepare and record weekly payroll journal entries with job cost allocations.
- Recording bank transactions.
- Coordinate with AR and AP teams to research various cash transactions.
- Maintain bank reconciliations daily.
- Month end closing responsibilities such as posting journal entries and reconciling sub-ledger to general ledger.
- Maintaining assigned general ledger accounts and reconcile monthly.
- Assist in annual audits and bank exam as needed.
- Work closely with Assistant Controller and Senior Accountant and assist in tasks or projects.
- Run weekly financial reports for upper management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- 2 Years+ related experience.
- Knowledge of GAAP a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related field.
Your compensation will vary by education and experience level. This can be discussed during the first interview.
If this sounds like you, please APPLY TODAY!
BMS CAT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.